Welcome Class of 2016
Congratulations on all of your recent accomplishments (i.e. graduating high school, turning 18, getting your license, etc.)! HSU is proud to have you and glad that you have chosen to attend our institution. Your 4 years at HSU will come and go before you know it and you will be off to graduate school or starting your career. It is important to make the most of your time here at HSU. As you prepare for college begin to think about what you want to be involved in, what kind of classes you want to take, and how you can contribute to the HSU campus. We are so excited to meet you. Welcome to Humboldt.
Residential Academic Mentoring Program
Here at HSU, we are dedicated to your success as a student. In order to support you in your academic pursuits, HSU assigns all first time freshmen a RAMP Mentor. Every first time freshmen living in the residence halls and any off campus freshmen that is enrolled in the First Year Experience seminar will be a part of the program.
Involvement. Engagement. Support.
Your RAMP mentor will:
- Help you develop positive academic habits and study skills.
- Teach you about the campus culture and help you find your niche.
- Clarify university policies and procedures.
- Direct you to campus and community resources and services.
- Let you know about all the cool stuff happening on campus.
- Be your biggest supporter!
The mission of the Residential Academic Mentoring Program is to support and advance efforts to improve student retention and persistence at Humboldt State University and promote successful degree completion. The Residential Academic Mentoring Program provides students with academic and non-academic support services dedicated to addressing issues common to first year students. The Residential Academic Mentoring Program seeks to create an environment of peer academic support and encouragement for all new students entering the university as first time freshmen.
- Reduce occurrences of Freshmen on Academic Probation
- Reduce occurrences of Freshmen who get Academically Disqualified
- Increase 1st year to 2nd year retention rates