Teams and Players
- Teams consist of six players on the court, with at least two female players on the court at all times.
- Teams shall change sides at the end of each game.
- Games may begin with five players, two of whom must be female players
- Teams will have five minutes to fill a team before the game is called.
- Length of matches:
- Ralley score to 25
- Best of five with in scheduled time
- If you are unable to complete a game due to time, revert back to last full game.
Position on Court
- Each of the three front row players shall be forward of the respective back player at the instant the ball is contacted on the serve.
- After the ball is contacted on the serve, players may move from their respective position on the
- A back row player may not spike or block in the front row
- A back row player must jump from behind 3 meter line if they contact the ball above the net with the intent to play the ball to the other side
- The winner of the coin toss shall choose side or serve
- Team not serving the first game of the match shall serve first in the second game
- Serve rotation is clockwise
- The server may not step on or over the line of the court before the ball leaves the hand
- A player shall not contact any part of the net or its support while the ball is in play. Should the ball be driven into the net resulting in the net touching the opponet, a foul shall not be called as long as the player did not actually contact the net by the players own impetus.
- Hands (s) or block (s) may reach across the net but no contact with the net. No blocking serve
- A player may step on the center line and be legal. But no other part of the body can may touch opponents court.
- It will be the responsibility of the winning to report the score to the gym supervisor.
- All leagues will call their own game (no officials)
- Tournament will be a double elimination
- League will consist of seven games.
- Must play in two league games to be eligible for tournament
Back to Intramural Sports