Welcome Class of 2018
Congratulations on all of your recent accomplishments (i.e. graduating high school, turning 18, getting your license, etc.)! HSU is proud to have you and glad that you have chosen to attend our institution. Your 4 years at HSU will come and go before you know it and you will be off to graduate school or starting your career. It is important to make the most of your time here at HSU. As you prepare for college begin to think about what you want to be involved in, what kind of classes you want to take, and how you can contribute to the HSU campus. We are so excited to meet you. Welcome to Humboldt!
Retention through Academic Mentoring Program
Here at HSU, we are dedicated to your success as a student. In order to support you in your academic pursuits, the RAMP serves all first time freshmen through general and/or 1:1 mentoring meetings, events, and collaborations with other units on campus. The heart of the program provides 1:1 peer mentoring for all first time, first generation freshmen attending Humboldt State University.
Involvement. Engagement. Support.
Your RAMP mentor will:
- Help you develop positive academic habits and study skills.
- Teach you about the campus culture and help you find your niche.
- Clarify university policies and procedures.
- Direct you to campus and community resources and services.
- Let you know about all the cool stuff happening on campus.
- Be your biggest supporter!
The mission of the Retention through Academic Mentoring Program (RAMP) is to create an environment of peer academic support and advance efforts to improve first time freshmen retention and persistence at Humboldt State University. In particular, current HSU students who have demonstrated academic excellence establish unique 1:1 relationships with first-generation freshmen (our “First to Go” students). Through these relationships, as well as services to the general freshmen population, the RAMP contributes to the education and enhancement of student learning by providing curricular and co-curricular support services; helping our first time freshmen succeed and thrive.
- Increase the occurrences of freshmen in Good Academic Standing
- Increase academic and personal achievement
- Increase 1st year to 2nd year retention rates