Supersedes P03-02, P84-4
The purpose of the Public Safety Committee is being revised to reflect the updated needs of the University.
To advise the President, the Vice President for Student Affairs and the Vice President for Administrative Affairs, through the Chief of Police, on matters of campus public safety including:
- Perform an annual night survey of campus lights and phone services; make recommendations to Plant Operations for physical repairs, maintenance and improvements.
- Recommend projects and programs to enhance and promote a safe campus environment.
- Provide campus community perspective and input on the mission and activities of the University Police Department.
Chair: Chief of Police or designee (non-voting)
Meetings: Monthly during the academic year
- Two students appointed by Associated Students
- Two faculty members appointed by the Senate Appointments Committee
- Two staff members (non-MPP) appointed by the President
- One designee appointed by the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
- One designee appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs
- One designee appointed by the Vice President for Administrative Affairs
The term of appointment for voting members shall be three (3) years; one (1) year for students. Terms are staggered to provide continuity and may be renewable.