Preparing For HOP
- HOP Peer Counselors have prepared a survival guide for you. Check it out now!
Carefully review the deadlines included in your Admissions packet. Pay close attention since these deadlines affect your ability to enroll at HSU. Failure to sign-up for HOP by May 1st will result in Humboldt State revoking your admission for Fall 2013.
Sign up before May 1, 2013 to finalize your admission to Humboldt State and to secure your spot at the on-campus HOP orientation session on August 21-23, 2013.
Take the CSU English Placement Test and/or Entry Level Math Exam at the HSU Testing Center. See www.ets.org/csu for more info about these exams. Failure to take these exams as noted in your Dates & Deadlines sheet from the Office of Admissions will prevent you from registering for classes.
Make travel arrangements for your trip to campus. Families and guests should also secure area lodging as early as possible.
- Sign up for an electronic funds transfer to your checking or savings account to speed up the deposit of student financial aid awards and any general refunds from the University owed to you.
- Upload your picture for your HSU Student ID Card.
If you plan to live on-campus: you are REQUIRED to upload your own photo no later than Friday, July 12, 2013. Your HSU student ID card will then be printed in advance, and you will receive it at check-in.
If you will be living off-campus: the deadline to upload your own photo is Friday, August 16. You may then pick up your new ID card at the Library Circulation Desk, located on the first floor in the Library. ID cards will not be available for pick-up until on/after August 13; please allow at least 48 hours after uploading your photo for your card to be created.
How to upload a photo:
2. Click the button near the top to access Student Center
3. Use the navigation at the top of the page to go to: Main Menu > Humboldt CS Customization > HUM Records and Enrollment > Self Photo > Self Photo
4. Click 'Upload Photo'
5. You will need to browse to the photo you wish to upload. Once located click OK.
This photo will be your permanent HSU ID card picture throughout your time at HSU. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo. Once uploaded, you will not be able to change your photo.
The photo will need to meet the following requirements:
* Must have a white background
* Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted)
* Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only
* Cropped from just above the top of head to collarbone
* Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo
* The file must be in jpg or jpeg format
* File size cannot exceed 5MB
* No inappropriate or offensive photographs
* No hats
* No sunglasses
A separate Photo ID will be required to pick up your HSU ID card.