Welcome to Humboldt State University!
PLEASE BE AWARE: Due to the state of the California budget, admitted students who do not comply with ALL deadlines and testing requirements will not be allowed to attend HSU. Don't miss out!
Freshmen students (HOP): Sign up for your hop session march 3-may 1, 2014
- Mandatory three-day on-campus session: August 20-22, 2014
- Official itinerary will be available during check-in. See the 2014 draft HOP schedule here
- Activities start at 8:00am on August 20th at the University Center Quad in the heart of campus
- Parking permit will be available in the summer, closer to August
- Optional Humboldt Outdoor Leadership Program (HOWL) trip and other outdoor activities with Center Activities are recommended for those interested in the outdoors
- Families and guests will not attend orientation sessions with students. We offer a concurrent Family & Guest Orientation. Those interested must be registered and submitted payment prior to arriving to campus. See the draft 2014 Family and Guest Orientation Schedule. You should plan to only follow the official schedule that will be provided to you upon arrival as changes are sometimes made just before the session begins.
- Class Registration window*: June 16-27, 2014
- Open to freshmen who have met all deadlines
- On-campus August HOP is mandatory. Class registration is not a substitute for the on-campus HOP session
- Students who have not met all Admissions deadlines will register for classes in August during HOP
- Travel not required. Class registration can be done on any computer with internet access
- Download a printable calendar of important HOP dates (available in mid-spring)
- HOP registration and on-campus sessions are only available to incoming freshmen who reserve their space for orientation in Student Center before May 1, 2014. Don't miss out! Click on the green "sign up now" button to read the instructions on how to sign up.
Transfer students (HOOP):
- All transfers to HSU will go through the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP).
- Please visit our HOOP page now for all of the details. You can download the HOOP checklist there
- Optional Outdoor Adventures with Center Activities are available in August.
The mission of the Humboldt Orientation Program is to communicate what it means to be a member of the Humboldt State community consistent with the university’s mission to maintain academic excellence, prepare students to be socially responsible members of diverse societies, and teach students to use their education to make a positive difference in the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader Required