In the spirit of Google's eternal beta, Humboldt State University Mail Labs is a testing ground for experimental features that aren't quite ready for primetime. They may change
at any time. If you have Labs enabled and you can't view your inbox, you can use this link
to access your mail with all Labs features disabled:
You can learn more about what's currently available in the labs by clicking on Settings (or on the Mail Settings drop down menu that appears when you click on the gear icon in the top right of the mail screen), and then on the Labs tab.
The following add-ons are probably the most useful of the current crop:
- Inserting Images - Allows you to insert images into the body of your email messages
- Undo Send - Gives you 30 seconds to recall a message if you've hit "Send" too soon
- Advanced IMAP Controls - If you use an IMAP mail client such as MacMail, you can use this feature to choose which labels show up in your mail client and prevent multiple copies of the same email from being downloaded.
You may also find the following add-ons useful, depending on how you use your mail and calendaring:
- Canned Responses - Enables you to re-use common messages multiple times
- Send & Archive - Archives messages automatically when you reply to them
- Google Calendar gadget - Adds a box to your email view that shows upcoming events in your Google Calendar
- Right-side Chat - Moves the chat box to the right side of your inbox
- Default Reply to all - Make 'Reply to all' your default option for responding to emails. Please use with care!
- Google Docs gadget - Adds a box to your email view that displays recent and starred Google Docs. Includes search
- Don't forget Bob - Suggests recipients based on your past emailing history
- Got the wrong Bob? - Helps make sure you don't email your friend Bob instead of your boss Bob.