Students who meet requirements for admission into the university but are missing their English requirement can be conditionally admitted to the university. Students can enroll at the International English Language Institute (IELI) to improve their English, then begin regular university classwork when they gain proficiency in English. Students can also complete their English requirement elsewhere and apply for conditional admission for a future term.
How to apply for Conditional Admission
Please review the Conditional Application Checklist and submit with your application.
Send the following items to the International English Language Institute (IELI), if you will be attending HSU's ESL program:
- Completed Application Form
- $55.00 application fee (pay online here)
- Certification of Financial Support (IELI)
Send the following items to the Center for International Programs:
- Official transcripts, sent directly from your university or high school (scanned copies are acceptable for initial evaluation. Scans can be sent to international [at] humboldt [dot] edu (subject: Conditional%20Admission) ).
- Completed Humboldt State University undergraduate or graduate application (please fill in the term you want to start your degree studies).
- Humboldt State University application fee (pay online here)
- Conditional Admission Plan to Apply Form
- Certification of Financial Support (Undergraduate, Graduate, or Graduate MBA)
Please email international [at] humboldt [dot] edu (subject: Conditional%20Admission) with any questions.International English Language Institute 1 Harpst Street Arcata, CA 95521 USA Tel: 1-707-826-4142 Fax: 1-707-826-3939 ieli [at] humboldt [dot] edu Center for International Programs 1 Harpst St Arcata, CA 95521 USA international [at] humboldt [dot] edu