Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation
Important Links & Information
IRS EIN: 94-6050071
CA contractor: 80022
NAICS Code: 09220
Cage Code: 2F322
- Organizational Information for HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation
- SPF Payroll, Benefits, and HR Directory of Services
- Title III and V Eligible Institution, Waiver of the Non-Federal Share Matching Requirements
- OMB Circular A-21 Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
Before You Travel
- Review the high hazard list and the U.S. Department of State website to determine if the country you intend to travel has a travel warning restriction. (Lists are subject to change at any time.)
- Approval from the Chancellor's office is required for travel to both high hazard and travel warning countries. The Chancellor's office requests that all travel authorizations which need approval be received in their office at least 30 days in advance of travel. Please factor in the additional time for obtaining HSU approvals and the Chancellor's approval when submitting your Request for International Travel form. Requests received in the Chancellor's office with five business days or less from the date of travel will not be considered.
- International Travel Insurance If your grant will be funding international travel you are required to obtain insurance prior to traveling. This attachment can give you important information regarding your options for liability and accident insurance.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car SPF projects are now eligible to receive state discounts at Enterprise Car Rental. Click here for instructions and rates for booking Enterprise car rentals at the new discounted state rates.
SPF processing of travel reimbursements are parallel to Humboldt State University’s travel policy with minor exceptions:
- SPF does not require authorized pre-approval of travel due to the nature of grants and contracts with the exception of travel to high hazard countries.
- Reimbursements will be made for meal expenses for travel up to $55 per day. Per diem rates are as follows and receipts are not required for meal expenses: Breakfast - $10.00; Lunch - $15.00; Dinner - $30.00
All other guidelines set forth in Humboldt State University’s travel manual will be followed.
*** Effective 1/1/2014 the mileage reimbursement rate changed to .56 cents per mile ***
OBI On/Off-Campus Access
To access your OBI reports you can follow this link (OBI works best if opened in Mozilla Firefox). If you are having trouble logging in you might need to complete an Access Request Form. If you are interested in attending an OBI training workshop you can sign up here. Classes will be held alternating Fridays during the Fall semester.
We are aware that a great number of P.I.’s are off campus engaging in their research, but still need to be able to access their project financial information. There is now a tool that can help you achieve this goal. It’s called “the Virtual Lab”.
By logging into this portal you can access your OBI login page and pull up your OBI dashboard off-campus. We have created a PowerPoint presentation that will guide you through the set-up process. If you have any questions or issues with your installation/set-up, please feel free to contact us and we'll be more than happy to assist you.
SPF Policy Changes
The Sponsored Programs Foundation Board of Directors approved two policy changes during the 2010-2011 Academic Year that affect P.I.'s The Indirect Rate Policy sets approved rates for Indirect Cost revenue and provides a process for negotiation when the Principal Investigator intends to use less than the funder published maximum allowed rate. The Excess Indirect Revenue Distribution Policy outlines how Indirect revenues are used and defines “excess” revenues. The Policy then provides for the distribution of the excess revenues at specified percentages.
SPF Financial Information
- Financial Statements Audit 2013
- Form 990 for 2011-2012
- Financial Statements Audit 2012
- Form 990 for 2010-2011
- Financial Statements Audit 2011
- Form 990 for 2009-2010
- Financial Statements Audit 2010
- Form 990 for 2008 - 2009
- Financial Statements Audit 2009
- Form 990 for 2007 - 2008
- Financial Statements Audit 2008
- Form 990 for 2006 - 2007
- Financial Statements Audit 2007
- Federal Negotiated IDC Rate *New as of 7/1/12*
- Franchise Tax Board Letter of Determination (PDF)
- IRS Tax Information (PDF)
- Certificate of Good Standing