Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation
Before any employee starts work on a grant, trust, or any SPF related project they must complete an Appointment Packet a.k.a hiring packet. Each time a new project number is issued, a new appointment form must be completed for employees working for that project. Appointment Packets should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to submitting your first timesheet on that project.
It is also important to remember that P.I.’s must “appoint” themselves to all projects they work on. To lessen the paperwork burden, we created the Multiple Project Form to allow P.I.’s to appoint themselves and their existing employees to more than one project at a time. All forms can be found on our website.
The SPF Personnel Manual (PDF) provides a general summary of HSU SPF personnel policies, work rules, and benefits.
This is not a legal document and is rather intended to highlight topics relevant to employment with HSU SPF. Foundation management may from time to time take actions which affect administrative matters that are described in this publication and may amend these policies and procedures at any time. Accordingly, inquiries can be made to the appropriate contact to determine if specific descriptions are current.
***NOTE: This manual is currently under revision and changes may be updated frequently***
The California State University (CSU) establishes reasonable limits on the total amount of employment an individual may have within the CSU system. Additional Employment refers to any CSU employment that is in addition to the employee’s primary appointment. Additional employment limitations are based on time-base, not salary. A maximum of 125% time-base is allowed under certain circumstances. For more information Click Here.
403 (b) Information
Employees of Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation (HSUSPF) are eligible to contribute to a voluntary tax-sheltered annuity plan. The voluntary tax sheltered annuity 403(b) program allows HSUSPF employees to save toward retirement by investing pre-tax contributions in tax-deferred investments in either annuities or mutual funds, under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 403(b).
Posting Date: April 5, 2013
Expected Start Date: May 13, 2013
Title: Administrative Assistant
Wage: $12-$14hr. based on experience
Full Time (Full Benefit Eligible)
Front Office Assistant/Receptionist for the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Foundation at Humboldt State University. Works independently with moderate supervision and reports directly to Office Manager.
- First point of contact at front desk to assist faculty, staff, and students; answer main phone line and direct calls as needed;
- Process incoming and outgoing campus mail; maintain SPF office email (HSUF); check post office box on a daily basis;
- Follow up on pre-screened invoices & check requests as part of process with Accounts Payable;
- Process incoming appointment documents & hiring packets for SPF employees; follow up with Human Resources in obtaining required paperwork;
- Data entry including logging in new proposals; maintaining filing systems in office;
- Review and distribute documents and correspondence for appropriate signatures;
- Manage SPF archives and retention procedures for all closed SPF files; coordinate projects with student assistants accordingly to maintain archives/shred when appropriate;
- Assist front office staff on special projects, communications to P.I.’s, and routine email notifications such as the payroll issues list, 90-60-30 day emails, requests for cost match documentation letters, ect.;
- Assist in preparation of Board of Directors agenda packets; coordinate meetings and room reservations for meetings;
- Maintain office calendars and schedule appointments as needed for all staff;
- Work with Accounts Payable, Payroll, Human Resources, Financial Services, and Cashiers, Department Offices, Funding Agencies (Internal & External) on requests for information;
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing documents; creating binders and packets for SPF staff;
- Make travel arrangements for Dean as well as faculty/staff members traveling on behalf of ORSP
- Process travel claims submitted by Dean & staff/faculty
- Process check requests/AP reimbursements submitted by Dean
- Lead contact in managing Pre-Award Database
- Attend Community Meetings with Dean
- Attend Team Meetings both on and off campus related to collaborative grant planning
- All other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Ability & Skills:
Knowledge of relevant software applications (PeopleSoft & OBI), knowledge of office management systems and procedures, excels in organizational and planning skills; prioritize tasks, attention to detail and accuracy, adaptable to changing work environment, good communication, customer focused and problem-solving skills.
Minimum Qualifications: Education Associates Degree from an accredited college or University; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com. If you have any questions please call (707) 826-5159.