Natural Resources Stockroom
Many of the tools and equipment necessary for hands-on field research can be obtained through the Natural Resources Stockroom. To obtain equipment you’ll need a student ID and the approval of your instructor.
A sampling of our equipment includes:
- pH kits and meters
- scientific glassware
- LaMotte soil kits and sieves
- Munsell Soil Color charts
- Soils field books
- Soil core samplers and split tube samplers
- Material Safety and Data Sheets (MSDS) reports
- rock kits for studying soils and minerals
- field equipment such as diameter tapes, tree boring tools, compasses, soil tins, densitometers, sling psychrometers, clinometers, altimeters, penetrometers, rain gauges
- video and digital cameras
- local topographic and substrate maps
- media supplies
- safety equipment
The Natural Resources Stockroom is located in NRS 207.
- Darrell Burlison, Stockroom Manager
- 826-3620, FAX 826-3501
- 8:45-9:45 a.m.
- 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- 8:45-9:15 a.m.
- 11:00-12:00 noon
These are minimum open hours; the Stockroom is usually open most of the day.