What is STEM-PAC?
STEM-PAC is the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Pedadogy Action Committee in the College of Natural Resources and Sciences. This group was established to look at improving retention and success rates in science courses. Members: Brad Ballinger, Rick Brown, Eileen Cashman, Beth Eschenbach, Monty Mola, Dale Oliver, Brandon Schwab, Steve Smith, John Reiss, and Kim Vincent-Layton
Facilitating Innovation in Science Education through Assessment Reform
Authors David Hanauer and Cynthia Bauerle share perspectives on 21st Century challenges in science education. "Given the potential for science to address important problems, undergraduate programs ought to be functioning as busy portals for engaging students’ innate fascination and developing their understanding of the nature and practice of science."
- Facilitating Innovation in Science Education through Assessment Reform
- Why Science Majors Change Their Minds
- The Worst Way to Teach
- Lose the Lectures
- AAU to Take Up Challenge of Improving Undergraduate Science Teaching
- Mastering Circuit Analysis: An innovative approach to a foundational sequence.
- A Sampling of What We Know About Learning from Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and Educational Research
HSU Institute for Student Success
January 16, 2014