(26 units, all courses required for all students)
- ANTH 670 Introduction to Applied Anthropology (2 units — Summer Institute)
- ANTH 671 Methods in Applied Anthropology (3 units — Summer Institute)
- ANTH 672 Theory in Applied Anthropology (3 units, online)
- ANTH 673 Anthropology in Practice (3 units, online)
- ANTH 674 Project Design and Management (3 units, online)
- ANTH 675 Applied Anthropology Field Placement (3 units, online)
- ANTH 678 Pro Seminar (3 units total, online)
- ANTH 690 Thesis/Field Research (6 units, online)
See Course Descriptions for more information on core courses.
(9 units required)
All electives must be advisor-approved and relevant to the MA program and the student’s focus.
- 6 units (usually 2 courses) Anthropology Depth: Must be graduate-level Anthropology Electives taken during the program.
- 3 units (usually 1 course) Breadth/Applied Focus: Students must take one course from a discipline outside of Anthropology (a graduate level taken before or during the program, or an upper division undergraduate course taken during the program)