Each day includes:
Child initiated outdoor play using materials designed for learning
Child initiated indoor play including special activities that change regularly
Snack is served buffet style and children often assist in preparing snack. They serve themselves and clean up after themselves.
Teachers provide planned activities for small groups. Each child participates in small group with the same children over a period of time. This helps to build collaboration and communication skills with a variety of peers, including children that the child might not self-select as playmates. In addition, small groups include children at a variety of developmental and skill levels, to children’s opportunities to learn from and help one another.
Each day there are adult led large group activities that support curriculum themes and concepts and help children explore and extend group participation skills.
Teachers meet before and after each session for planning and reflection.
Each day children:
- Ask questions, share ideas and solve problems
- Speak, write and listen
- Move and handle materials and tools
- Care for themselves, each other and their environment
- Learn about who they are and what they can do
- Challenge themselves to try new things
- Take responsibility for themselves and their work
- Plan, do and share their activities
- Express their ideas and feelings
- Solve real problems
- Learn to make choices and meet their own needs
- Learn to be members of a group
- Learn to be both leaders and helpers
- Practice taking pride in their work
Weekly Activity Plan