There are many resources on campus that provide information for students on graduate school and the process used to apply. They include:
Career Center Services
- General graduate school guides (Petersen’s Graduate Program guides) and helpful handouts
- Career Counselors to discuss career interests in relation to graduate education – Call 707-826-3341 or stop in NHW 130 to schedule an appointment.
- Getting into Highly Competitive Graduate Schools”, 9/02 Donald Asher. Watch this informative video just call the Career Center at 707-826-3341 to set up a time.
- Links to many on-line resources. Choose Graduate School in your search options to get a complete list!
- Academic Information and Referral (AIR) (SBS 133)
Provides some CSU and UC catalogs; also some California private college and out-of-state catalogs.
- Testing Center (House 71)
Test application materials such as: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, Miller Analogies, etc.
- Office of Research and Graduate Studies (SH 212) Provides information on HSU Graduate Programs and potential research opportunities.
- Learning Center (House 71)
Offers workshops on test taking strategies, particularly GRE preparation.
- HSU Library Offers directories of graduate programs by discipline areas (ask for help at the reference desk to find these) Links on the Library’s Web page to graduate school information (includes catalogs on line).
- HSU Bookstore You can purchase a booklet “Guide for Prospective Graduate Students,” published by the Council of Graduate Schools